The second annual meeting of MegaFlorestais was hosted on October 16-18, 2007 in St. Petersburg by the Russian Federal Forest Agency, in collaboration with the Rights and Resources Initiative. Eleven delegates came from eight countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Finland, Indonesia, Russia, and the USA.
- Understanding Forest Industry in the Changing Global Marketplace;
- Designing and Implementing Forest Tenure Reforms;
- Designing Rational and more Equitable Regulations; and
- Identifying Initiatives to Tackle Climate Change.
Resources and Presentations
- Synopsis (including the agenda and list of participants)
- Stewart Maginnis – Global Perspective on Designing and Implementing Tenure Reforms
- Andy White – Crafting the Next Generation of Forest Regulations
- Sten Nilsson – The Boomerang: When Will the Global Forest Sector Reallocate from the South to the North